The Sanitation Technician is responsible for ensuring that all administrative, office, and common areas at J’s Kombucha are clean and sanitary. The position is responsible for following all GMP and Food Safety rules including those specific to job functions as written in company SOPs.
- Follow cleaning and sanitation schedules and keep records: daily, weekly, etc.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping floors throughout the office, production, storage, and kitchen areas.
- Use of floor scrubber in designated areas.
- Removal of trash and debris from offices, production, kitchen, and break areas.
- Washing of walls and pipes.
- Cleaning of entrances and building perimeter.
- Deep cleaning of office and production areas as needed.
- Maintaining and assisting in pest control activities via cleaning and auditing.
- Follow all relevant company SOPs.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with USDA or FDA, OSHA and state and local regulations and company policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and the use of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- I year experience of clean room, food service, or food production janitorial/sanitation experience is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to comprehend written and oral instructions, read labels and safety warnings.
- Must be a team player willing to assist co-workers.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be available to work shifts assigned and accommodate shift switches with coworkers within reason.
- Ability to drive and or use mechanical equipment such as floor scrubbers and polishers.
- The position requires walking, sitting, bending and lifting, and ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to work around a variety of cleaning chemicals with provided training.
The Sanitation Technician is a regular, part-time hourly, entry level position with opportunity for eventual expansion.
Job Type: Part-time (average of 15 + hours/week)
Pay: starting at $15.00 per hour