Kombucha Brewers work collaboratively with the Head Brewer & other members of the Brewery Team to carry out daily kombucha brewing and packaging needs. The Kombucha Brewer is responsible for pre- and post-cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels, maintenance of parts and hoses, tank CIPs, various fermentation procedures, operating cold-press juicer, as well as kombucha transfers, and the filling of kegs and cans. The Kombucha Brewer works 8-hour shifts on average.
- Assist head brewer to achieve daily production and packaging needs.
- Pre- and post-cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels.
- Follow cleaning and sanitation schedules: daily, weekly, etc.
- Operate can filler and keg filler.
- Operate and maintain cold-press juicer.
- Assist in brewhouse operations (transferring, maintenance, filtering, etc.).
- Assist in packaging operations (filtering, canning, kegging, packaging, etc.).
- Assist in quality control operations (sampling, testing, and monitoring, etc.).
- Operate forklifts and other moving equipment as trained and directed.
- Assist in storage, along with shipping and receiving as needed.
- Follow all relevant company SOPs.
- Attend production meetings and contribute to product improvement.
- 1-2 years brewery or fermentation experience preferred.
- High school or equivalent.
- Ability to multi-task while working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Meticulous about sanitation and keeping things clean and organized.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Great attention to detail. Must be reliable and dependable.
- Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions, read labels and safety warnings, and keep accurate records.
- Must be available to work shifts assigned and accommodate shift switches with coworkers within reason.
- The position requires walking, sitting, bending and lifting.
- Lift 55lbs and move up to 165lbs.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- Employee Discount.
- Part-time (average of 20-30 hours/week), potential to become Full-time.
- starting at $17.00 per hour.