The Brewing Manager is responsible for working with the owner to plan and coordinate the entire kombucha brewing process. To perform this role they must manage staff, schedule production runs, ensure adequate raw materials are available, and ensure the brewery's equipment is working correctly. The Brewing Manager is responsible for overseeing and participating in the pre- and post-cleaning and sanitation of all transfer lines and vessels, maintenance of parts and hoses, tank CIPs, various fermentation procedures, operating cold-press juicer, as well as kombucha transfers, and the filling of kegs and cans. The Brewing Manager works 8-hour shifts on average.
- Work collaboratively with the brewing team.
- Ensure brewing staff are following SOPs.
- Execute and oversee day-to-day brewing operations.
- Delegate and execute cleaning and sanitation schedules: daily, weekly, etc.
- Verify sanitary condition of machinery and facilities with PM checklists.
- Meet all QC/QA standards and practices.
- Coordinate ingredient purchases and logistics for brewing production needs.
- Manage brewing inventory with the brewing team.
- Participate in sales and production meetings.
- Train brewers as needed.
- Participate in the creation and rearranging of production and shift schedules.
- Periodic inspections of facility and PPE.
- Manages employee/operational situations, responds promptly to employee needs, solicits employee feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance.
- 3+ years brewery or fermentation experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task while working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Is proactive and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Meticulous about sanitation and keeping things clean and organized.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Lift 55lbs and move up to 165lbs.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.
- Employee Discount.
- Paid Time Off.
- Parental Leave.
- Complimentary Kombucha.
- Employee Discount.
- Frequent walking, standing, and moving.
- Frequent use of latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, etc., requiring manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Regular contact with production employees and management.
- Frequent use of related chemicals (training and PPE provided).
Job Types: Full-time (average of 40+ hours/week).
Pay: starting at $20.00 per hour.